Friday 3 April 2009

Quick Colour Job.

Had another go at colouring an image recently. Again just something fairly simple. I’m getting a lot happier with my colour blending or shading I guess you’d call it. Went about it in pretty much the same fashion as I did with War Tongue. I’m ashamed to say it but before I’d never really colour my work using layers. In the old days I’d just make a copy of the image and put it under the original. I’d turn the original to multiply (see through) and just paint over the bottom image. No wonder all my old colour work looks so bad now when I look back at them.

I’m not sure if that’s it for this image or if I’ll have another play around with it at some point. I’d like to but I’ve got so much I need to be getting on with finding the time would be difficult. I think it looks better without a background but then I never really tried putting anything in the background when I had it up on the computer so who knows? Still no background really makes the blue baby carrier stand out nicely. Hhmmm maybe I’ll leave the background blank. I can’t make up my mind.

Been feeling a bit guilty lately. A couple of weeks ago I realized I couldn’t move for all the piles of DVD I’ve got. “Better not buy any more for a while” I thought “I’m running out of space.” Then a couple of days later found out a new HMV had opened up in my town and ended up buying seven new DVD over a two week period (to be fair they were all pretty cheap as there was a sale on.) Then online this week I got a Planet of the apes box set and a Dr Who DVD. So all together that another small pile to find room for. I have the buyers remorse something rotten at the moment… or maybe I’m just doing my bit to keep the economy rolling at this dangerous time like some kind of saint… at least that what I tell myself when I’m standing at the check out.

I’ve got so many DVD’s I could probably build a small fort out of them. And by “I could probably build a small fort out of them” I mean I already have and I’m sitting in it now typing this…never felt so safe and warm before.

No comments: