Friday 10 April 2009

Home.

Not sure how some people can only post around ten minutes of film on Youtube while others can stick up over an hour. I think it has something to do with the quality of the footage or something. But anyway I was pleased to see they had up a BBC film called Home based on the J G Ballard story The Enormous Space. It was first shown in 2003 and they repeat it sometimes on BBC4 and I’ve been waiting for the BBC to put it out on DVD for years.

Probably one of the best bits of British television ever. Don’t follow the Wikipedia link before watching, as it’ll pretty much gives away the plot. Just wait until you’ve got an hour to spare and fancy watching something a bit different. It got that slightly off centre, sleep deprived feeling going for it like Deliverance, The Shinning or a good David Lynch movie so it makes a good late night movie. In fact it probably reminds me more of Jam by Chris Morris. Which is also better when you watch it in the early hours.

If I ever get stuck indoors working without leaving the house for to long I always seem to think back to this show. Time to leave the house before I start to look at local wildlife in a different light.

No comments: