Monday 12 May 2008

Onwards And Upwards.

Well the good news is I managed to finish up inking my short sci-fi story this weekend and also managed to set up my A3 scanner but not without a few set backs and me muttering “I’ll never work with bloody computers again darn them” a few times. Plus now with all this new scanner software on my laptop it’s running at super, super slow speed. I also now own the must unhealthiest sounding scanner of all time. My scanner is now twice the size and twice as unhealthy sounding. But it works (thank fuck) and hopefully this time I won’t have to go through my usual weird and mostly unhappy adventure just to get something photocopied down in size.

You ever notice how ungrateful insect are? With all this hot weather this last week my bedrooms is now daily invaded by some new little bastard with more legs then me. Was a time when swatting bugs meant nothing to me but the older I get and the less I seem to feel about the human master race compared to the animal kingdom, the guiltier I feel about it. It more a case of trying to get them under cups and stuff and throw them out the window now a days. Which is all I seem to be doing this last week. It when flies start landing on you because they know you’ve lost your bottle to swash them and they keep finding they’re way back into my room no matter how many times you throw them out. Also today as I was walking about the house I noticed one on the outside of my window. One of those weird bright green ones with its underbelly (do insect have underbelly’s?) showing. It looked great so I grab my camera and tried to line up a shot hoping that anyone walking by wouldn’t think I was spying on them camera in hand. I was trying to be quick and just as I’d lined up my shot after ages of trying the little bastard jumps off. After all the bugs I’ve let go this week it just seemed a bit rude.

If now-a-days I do have to kill a bug (I try hard not to) I just think of this scene from the fly and suddenly it kind of feels like they’ve got it coming.



God I saw this for the first time the other day on TV and it freaked me out. I go for years never seeing a Vincent Price movie and now I’ve seen two in one month. Based on those two alone I think Price was a great actor. Probably one of the best death scenes of all time. Just plan freaky and surreal.

No comments: