Thursday 15 May 2008

Crash.

Well I’ve finished, scanned, lettered and posted my short story to were it needs to be and for the first time in years I’m actually at a bit of a loose end for a bit. When I left college I had already started Cruel Britannia and before I’d even finished that I had thought up the story for Dirge, so I moved on to the first part after finishing Cruel Britannia. Between part 1 and part 2 of Dirge I did a short story and during part 2 I took a short break to do a couple of one-page stories before going back and finishing the second part. From finishing Dirge I jumped straight into the story I was just working on and so now for a short bit I’m at a bit of a loose end. Actually it’s not that bad. They’re a couple of other short stories I need to write up and thumbnail to get ready to go, plus my reference scrapbook hasn’t been given any attention for a long time. Been meaning to do some pin ups for my portfolio as well. Haven’t done any pin ups or covers for so long now I’m actually a bit nervous of drawing something so big after only doing Sequential work for so long.

The above image is taken from my short story. It was the first time I ever tried to do a montage and this shot is taken from it. Now I’ve got the whole story scanned I’ll put up a couple of other panels soon.

No comments: