Tuesday 1 April 2008

Best Idea I Never Had.

Two more movie posters tonight.


Starting with this poster. Like I said in a previous post, old video covers in the 80’s were a big thrill for me as a kid. Walking around at the weekend in newsagents looking at all these weird VHS covers was a buzz. But by far the one that stuck in my mind was this one. By all accounts this film is meant to be average at best but I’d still like to see it one day if only because it has Jack Nance in it and Jack Nance is cool. Anybody who doesn’t think Jack Nance is cool should take them selves off to a deep, dark corner and have a real hard talk to them selves. But we’re not talking about the film here; we’re talking about the poster. As a kid anything to do with potty humour is going to win you over. This was by far the most outrageous cover I could remember. It doesn’t seem so bad looking back at it today apart from the fact that the little creature is uncivilized enough to be hanging out in a toilet but civilized enough to be wearing tiny little t-shirt and braces. That what I find creepy about it now a days.


Not actually the poster but taken from the DVD cover this time. I had heard a lot about this film for years but only got a copy when they released it last year under that Grindhouse craze. I think my copy even has Grindhouse written on the cover. Great painting. Not sure if they haven’t played around with it a bit colour wise. Looks a little too funky for the 80’s but I could be wrong. Basket Case has one of those storylines you just wished you’d come up with. Guy carry’s his deformed, evil, mutant brother around in a basket and the films called Basket Case. You’ve got to feel pretty pleased with yourself if you’d come up with that idea. There are two ideas I wished I’d of thought of in life. This concept and those Where Wally? books. I’m not sure if drawing Where Wally? Books would be the greatest job in the world or slowly drive you mad but there you go.

I’m going to throw in the Basket Case trailer too because I’m nice like that. Enjoy.

No comments: