Friday 14 September 2007

Well If You Ain’t The Granddaddy Of All Liars.

Had a good start to the week when I got the second box set of Ren And Stimpy in the post on Monday morning. Seasons three and a half-ish. It great stuff to put on while you draw and still makes me laugh as it did when I was a kid. Actually watching it again you get to pick up on all those gags you didn’t get as a kid.





School was always kind of boring to me, but one of the high points was watching Ren and Stimpy on Wednesday afternoon. Yep watching Ren and Stimpy, playing violent computer games (when kids were allowed to play violent computer games) and drawing were the high light of those days. Come to think about it that pretty much all I do nowadays as well, but then that my generation. Uninspired, repetitive, But a great DVD collection.



I can honestly say I think the rubber nipples sketch is probably the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. It like that voight-kampff machine test in Blade runner. If you don’t laugh there a good chance you’re not human. Actually I had one friend who said it wasn’t funny but then he still swear the Phantom Menace is a good film so I’ve never really trusted his judgement.



Kind of wished I had this box set a couple of weeks ago when I was laid up with the flu. Think I might go out and buy some other box set, stick it in a brown bag and hide it on top of my bookshelf to be opened next time I’m sick.

Joyyyyyyyy.

No comments: