Tuesday 11 September 2007

Limbo.

That limbo as in:

1. (often initial capital letter ) Roman Catholic Theology. a region on the border of hell or heaven, serving as the abode after death of unbaptized infants (limbo of infants) and of the righteous who died before the coming of Christ (limbo of the fathers or limbo of the patriarchs).
2. a place or state of oblivion to which persons or things are regarded as being relegated when cast aside, forgotten, past, or out of date: My youthful hopes are in the limbo of lost dreams.
3. an intermediate, transitional, or midway state or place.
4. a place or state of imprisonment or confinement.

NOT limbo as in:

1. a dance from the West Indies, originally for men only, in which the dancer bends backward from the knees and moves with a shuffling step under a horizontal bar that is lowered after each successive pass.

Been a pretty slow summer and maybe could of done with more days out at the beach with friends or just more fun and games in general but what this summer lacked in entertainment I tried to make up for by being productive. I’ve been making a real push to try and make things happen this summer and now I’m waiting to see if a couple of things have worked out as well as I’d hoped. I’m always wary of what’s fate and what kind of fate you could have had if you just tried a little harder. Long story, short failure is painful but the not knowing is the real killer. At least this is the kind of ‘what if?’ were you get answer at some point. Not the really annoying ‘what if?’ like, What if I’d got together with this girl or What if I’d said this instead of that at that moment in time. Those are the real fuckers that will keep you awake at night.

Nothing will flavour this unnecessary rant better then a picture of a man looking pissed off.


This is from the latest page of Dirge (inked today). Over the next few days I’ve got to finish up this page and modify another page and take them to the library for photocopying (but not on a Wednesday as the library closes early on Wednesday). Try and get a haircut before my hair looks any more like a mullet. And at some point I’ve got to take a trip into Eastbourne to buy a much needed A3 light box which after making the trip and fighting my way through the oldies, probably won’t be in stock when I get there. Its all go but I’m hoping there still some fun times ahead before X-mas and 2008.

No comments: