Sunday 4 July 2021

Fresh From The Graveyard.


Just to show this Summer's Zombie invasion can't be stopped (unless some crappy builder puts their Jack-Hammer through my Phone-Line again... in which case it very much can be...), here are two more undead Ghouls for people to enjoy.

Fresh from the Graveyard, as it were...

The first one was meant to be my attempt at doing an obese Zombie. An idea I've been wanting to draw for a while now. I kind of like maybe their unquenchable hunger has carried over into the After Life, making them even more dangerous than a normal Zombie, and they've got a bigger belly to fill, too, so need to eat more people. Sadly I think he probably came out more as 'Middle Age Spread Zombie', if I'm really honest, rather than super overweight. While he could certainly use some plumping up, he's still one of my favourites, though. I like the tiny teeth and rotting mouth turning into a creepy smile look. I think he definitely at least looks hungry for human flesh.

And secondly to add a bit of diversity to this gruesome Zombie group, I had a go at drawing a 'Girl Ghoul' to add to the mix. I found it actually kind of hard to suggest feminine features on her when you can't fall back on easy female tropes like full lips and big eyelashes. Drawing Zombies is like the opposite mindset to drawing women, for me. I also kind of threw the bite on the neck in at the last moment, but I think it actually works well to tell a bit of backstory to this character. She got bit herself and now she wants to pass that 'Undead Kiss' on to a new victim, and make them like her.
  
Please feel free to let me know if you've been enjoying this undead Summer onslaught, and if you have a favourite, maybe?

No comments: