Tuesday 25 May 2021

Sharpie Zombie.

It's been a rubbish couple of weeks recently really, if I'm honest... Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be slowly coming out of lockdown. I just feel like I have zero luck lately. I feel about as lucky as a stepped on Four-Leaf Clover right now.  

So to cheer myself up I treated myself to a new Sharpie Pen yesterday. I know a lot of comic book artists favour them, but have never got around to trying one myself until now. I thought I'd break it in by sketching a nice grisly Zombie with it to begin with. 

I actually find drawing Zombies kind of relaxing. You don't have to worry about making them appear good looking or anything. The rougher they look, the better sometimes. 

I kind of wish the comic market wasn't so packed full of Zombies at the moment, as I'd love to do an undead project at some point one day. With all the mainstream toothless Zombie Kids Shows and movies out at the moment, I'd love to go back to when they were darker and more threatening. Do something gross and gory with more bite.

No comments: