Monday 9 March 2020

The Curse Of Modern Gaming.

I kind of wish modern games wouldn’t tell you how much time you’ve been playing a game when you save these days.

A big part of me doesn’t wanna know I’ve played nearly seventeen hours of Doom 3 recently over the pass three or four weeks.

As someone who doesn’t always find it easy to relax, I do enjoy the ‘sit back and turn your brain off’ nature of videogames. But I always feel great guilt after spending too many hours playing one. I have friends and family who are hardcore gamers, but personally, I’ve always tried to curb my gaming in my adult years.

I’ve notices I have been getting back into First-Person-Shooters a lot this Winter, to escape the cold and crappiness of the last few months.

One thing I’ve discovered about myself recently is in times of stress, I’m the type of person to take it out on digital Imps and Zombies… one shotgun cartridge at a time…

No comments: