Friday 14 April 2017

The Plan.

I’ll happily admit I suck at getting the start date of Babayka-Lives summer breaks right. While year one the webcomic had no break over the summer months, and year two I pretty much timed it perfectly… Last year I screwed up, however, and it didn’t start until the summer was half over, and this year, it looks like I’ve time it wrong again, and the break’s gonna come too soon this year. So to combat this problem, I think after this weekend’s easter instalment (which is like a mini-cliffhanger itself), I’m gonna throw in a quick couple of weeks break. Nothing major, just a bit of a rest until the 6th of May. And then we’ll pick up from there. I always try and aim for June to be the start of the summer break, and doing this will get us pretty close to that.

If the two week break, and the fact we’re getting close to the summer break bums you out a little, fear not. Unlike the last three summer breaks, I plan to make a couple of big announcements while we’re all resting in the sun this year. Firstly, I’ll finally come clean on the secret project I’ve been working on these last several months. I promise the time for revealing all is very close. Also, I might try and find some time this summer to make some kind of digital treat solely for those that do make any Babayka-Lives fan-art. Something I can just email people as a thank you for showing the series some love.

Speaking of fan-art, I’m also flirting with setting out a little challenges, if any readers want to have a bit of fun. Hopefully it won’t be too much of a spoiler, if I reveal that one of the last things to happen in Brides Of Babayka, is Vera announces they’ve had an enquiry from a Canadian female hockey team about visiting the hotel. Babayka Land then opens with the scene of the last surviving member of the hockey team being chase across the countryside and caught by Babayka. I have no plans at this time to ever show what happened between Book One and Book Two, or what horrors befell those poor hockey players. Needless to say it was probably grisly… I’m leaving that one to fan-fiction for now. Should anyone be brave enough to wanna fill in that bit of story themselves with some fan-art or fan-fiction, though… please do. I’d love to see it. I will honestly try and make something digital and exclusive in the coming months, just for those that do create anything, I promise.

And if anyone does take me up on my challenge, please be sure to Note or Email me about your pin-up, etc, so I’m aware of it, and I will check it out. Or let me know if folks have any questions.

So that’s the plan and how things look right now. Be sure to tune in tomorrow for a mini-cliffhanger at Babayka-Lives.com

No comments: