Saturday 2 July 2016

Summer Hiatus.

In my first full year of running a webcomic back in 2014, I notices that over the summer, a lot of other webcomics would usually have a short break over the summer period. Around the same time, I also notice my own readership numbers had dipped a little during the summer months. This kind of made sense to me, as when the sun’s out, who wants to be sitting indoors reading a webcomic (especially a horror comic), and so last year Babayka-Lives took its first summer break, and the plan is to do so again this year.

I won’t lie and will own up to my own tiny blunder here. I had wanted to start my summer break around this time of the year, but with a cliffhanger just around the corner that I wanted to go out on, I think I must have done my maths wrong earlier in the year, as we actually still have at least a few more updates this summer before Babayka-Live summer hiatus. For those who aren’t big fans of summer breaks during their favourite ongoing webcomic series, my poor maths skills have worked in your favour, as Babayka-Lives will still be active for a bit longer this summer. It’ll be more of an mid\late summer, very early autumn break this year.

One of the perks of taking a yearly summer break, apart from actually being able to go out and enjoy the sun a little now, is I’m hoping to also get a pin-up or two done during my Babayka free time this summer. I won’t go into any details, but I do have a couple of ideas I’m keen to draw during my very short summer break, if all goes well. Things are very much a bit up in the air right now, but I do promises to try and get something pin-up wise done this summer. But I’ll have to be a bit cryptic over theme and content for now before I can make any official announcements  

For a little while longer, though, please enjoy as our three lead characters head ever deeper into Krayvengrad (I.e. Babayka Land). No spoilers, but something big and nasty is heading towards Newton, Elizabeth and Oleg this summer. Find out what only at: Babayka-Lives.com

No comments: