Sunday 24 July 2016

Art Up.


Over the short British summer period, there’s usually a few tasks I like to try and get done, so I don’t have to do them in the cold and wet winter months. One of them is to stock up on art supplies. I try and avoid soggy Bristol Board by going out and getting it when I know the sun will be out. As you can see from the above photo, this year’s mission is complete, but it was far from smooth sailing. Firstly, I pretty much picked the hottest day of the year to make my long trek to the local artshop. I don’t know if it is possible to die of dehydration through sweating so much, but I probably came close, it has to be said. And once I got to the artshop after my long, long, sweaty hike, I was greeted with an empty and boarded up shop, and a note that said they were out of business. Annoyed, tired and thirsty… I decided to make another long hike back into town to hit up a smaller artshop near the train-station, so my trip wasn’t a complete waste, and I could still pick up a couple of things, and order the rest online. This back up plan soon also went ‘tits up’, though, as when I finally reach the shop after another long and sweaty trek, again I was greeted by a locked door and a note. This time saying the artshop was close for the summer, and wouldn’t be open for another couple of months. I had to admit defeat and return home with zero art supplies, and all I had managed to pick up was sunburn, sweat stains, and bloody\blister ridden feet.

I hate ordering Bristol Board and Ink online, in case they get damaged in the post. As well as pencils, as surely the lead would be all broken inside from being manhandled by careless postman and workers in the sorting office. Sadly, though, I think this is my only option now. Unless some other artshop pops up in my hometown in the near future.

Meanwhile over on Babayka-Lives this weekend… Get ready for the summer cliffhanger next week, by reading this week’s mini cliffhanger.

No comments: