Monday 30 May 2016

Collaborate?

In no way am I tying myself to anything hopefully with this blog post, as at the moment this is all hypothetical… But I am currently flirting with the idea of maybe seeing if I can hook up with other artists in the future to work on new projects.

Firstly, I’ve been thinking for a while now it might be cool to start writing some smaller stories, and have other artists draw them. Either short stories, or a larger story that several artist work on in instalments, I’m not sure which yet. But I am considering either launching a new horror character and getting other artists to draw it, as Babayka-Lives is (and will probably always be) my number #1 priority, and I don‘t have the time to draw a second comic-book. Or maybe I’ll just simply write some short horror tales for fun, and have different artists drawing them.

I am also up for maybe doing some more Girls and Monsters type pin-ups down-the-line, too, sometime if any models are up for providing the reference and starring in a horror pin-up.

It’s always good to get in with other artists and being open to collaboration. I think that’s something I learnt from my art-college days. And that is something I’ve always liked about deviantart. You can talk to other artists, and most (sadly not all…) will be open to chatting back. I do feel sometimes multiple artists can achieve something just one artist on their own can’t.

Again, I’m not 100% saying this will happen… But right now I wanna be able to put together a list in my head of people who would be up for collaborating, and can be called upon if\when I move forward with any future projects. I guess right now, I’m just asking for people who are interested to throw their hat into the ring, as it were. To get in contact if they’re up for collaborating and just say “Hi” and introduce themselves.

If any of the above sounds tempting, people can either drop me a ‘Note’ on my deviantart page, or contact me via Email.

I look forward to maybe hearing from some of you. I do plan to draw more girl\monster pin-ups, and maybe launch a second webcomic at some point, so if you are a model or artists, please do consider dropping me a line. Even if it’s just a few words to let me know you’re interested.

No comments: