Tuesday 30 June 2015

Ascending Zombie.


Considering June and July are my worse months of the year for getting artwork done, I’ve got a bit of a treat for readers today. I tend to stay away from drawing classic monsters like Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies, as I kind of feel they’ve all been a bit played out in pop culture these days, but that said, I do find myself returning to them once in a while. I haven’t done a zombie pin-up since 2013 with my Ned Kelly Vs The Undead faux horror comic cover. While Zombies are everywhere now-a-days, I couldn’t resist doing this recent image. I like that it feels a bit like a throw back to old EC comics of the 50’s, too. I always like peril pictures where the main character has no idea something sinister is slowly moving in for the kill. I find that concept very creepy.

A couple of quick updates to end on. Firstly I’ve recently just posted pages 69-72 on my Tapastic account this week. Head over there if you want to re-read the conclusion of the infamous ‘bladder scene’, if you’re feeling brave. Also, I’m happy to say that I’ve finally finished doing this year’s Halloween Ecard. All I’ve gotta do now is find a spare couple of hours before the end of October to scan it, and put it together in photoshop. Like most of my artwork, I spent way longer working on it then I originally thought I would.

No comments: