Monday 20 October 2014

Back Online.

After two plus weeks of being without internet, I’m very pleased to say it looks like I’m back online.

While internet woes may be incredibly frustrating, they don’t tend to make for very good reading, so I won’t go into major details (I’m sure you’ve all got internet provider horror stories of your own, anyway, am I right?) Just to say I’ve been having massive problems with an internet company Kevin Bacon’s very fond of, but I’m not anymore. Also, hell is trying to sort out a very technical server problem over the phone to an overseas call-centre, while being charged a ridicules amount of money for every minute you’re on the phone to them. I’m not sure how that’s even legal? Many times it felt like I was unwittingly in some bad comedy sketch. I still don’t really know why my internet was down, only that it was something to do with their servers (even though they went out of their way to try and make it look like this wasn’t the case.) All I know is the problem went away Sunday night, and I really hope it stays that way.  

Looking on the brightside, I’ve been online for around ten years, and this is by far the worse internet problem I’ve ever had in that time, and I still managed to get my web-comic updated. True, page 58 was 48-hours late, but still… it’s nice to know when such major setbacks do come along, there are ways around them. Kind of seems like sod’s law that such a massive internet problem would hit me after only ten months in after launching a new web-comic, but at least now I know there are ways of dealing with them when these problems do pop up. A big thank you to everyone who kept checking in. I’m very much hoping my recent internet problems are behind me now… but we’ll see.

I’m really glad I’ve got back on the internet just before Halloween. Checking out people’s Halloween related artwork online is a big treat for me every year, and I would have been very sad to have missed it. Being a horror comic-book artist, I like to try and do a Halloween Ecard image every year, even if sometimes it’s just a sketchbook one. I’m very pleased to say I’ve all ready done something for this Halloween. This years one will be a little different is all I’ll say, though. Watch this space, folks. If anybody else out there also does Halloween Ecards, please by all means feel free to post them in the Babayka-Lives message board on Halloween if you like. I’d love to see them.

As a bit of a thank you to those who did keep checking back and reading Babayka-Lives during these dark last couple of weeks, I thought I’d post this bit of artwork below as a thanks. It’s a character sheet drawing of a new character from what will (hopefully) be Babayka: Book 2. I’m not going to say if she’s a new Bride or not, but (fingers crossed) you should be seeing a lot of this girl down the line.

1 comment:

Raymond Wood said...

I feel your pain, Andrew! How long were you offline? I start to feel the itch when I'm away from Facebook or twitter for more than a half hour... the struggle is real, brother! At any rate, it's healthy to unplug and get away from our modern conveniences every now and then, even if it's involuntary.

Raymond Wood @ Datastream Communications, LLC