Friday 20 December 2013

Babayka-Lives.com

I started out on Project B.O.B. (as I’ve been calling it) in late summer 2009, and I think it’s about time to finally lay my cards on the table. A big thank you to any readers who have been sticking around for this announcement. Hope it doesn’t disappoint.

Brides Of Babayka is my new horror graphic-novel I’ve been working on these pass few years. A horror story about six Brits who travel to Russia to meet a group of young, beautiful women who they believe are looking for potential husbands. These bachelors are taken deep into the Russian wilderness to a remote hotel to start a long weekend of wooing and matchmaking, but it soon becomes very clear there is someone/something else also staying at the hotel that weekend. Something that preys on wayward love seekers.


I am launching my book in two ways. Firstly, I am pleased to announce my new horror web-comic www.Babayka-Lives.Com It has the first four pages of Brides Of Babayka already up (here’s a quick link to page one for new readers), and I plan to update two pages a week in the next year. I’ve been slowly dipping my toe more-and-more into the world of web-comics in 2012, and hope to build this site into something special, if I can. I guess during 2014 I’m gonna be regenerating into a web-comic writer\artist. It where my focus will be from now on.

Should you be some kind of handsome rebel who’s too cool for web-comics, and just wants to read it straight away, however, you can pick up the 116-page graphic-novel right away online. It includes 10-pages of bonus material like character sketches and pin-ups, including a couple which are exclusive to this graphic-novel. As well as colour cover. Think of it like watching something on TV, or owning the box-set. 

Rest assure, this will still be my official blog, and the first place to check for news\updates and the odd bit of art in 2014. Page 5 should be going up the 28th of December, with Page 6 following on the 29th.

It’s a massive buzz to finally be able to get Brides Of Babayka out into the world. It’s been a long, weird journey up to this point, but here we are, just in time for Xmas. Things are finally gonna go sequential around here. Hope you decide to check it out.

No comments: