Thursday 28 March 2013

Brillante.

I finally conquered my PDF predicament from last week, and feel all the better for it. It was a harsh and at many times unfair battle, but yes, I do now have an all-sing, all-dancing, high-res PDF copy of my graphic-novel. I still don’t really think it’s sank in that I’ve finally finishes it. I just keep clicking open the document and staring at it.

Came across this brilliant alt-cover to Anno Dracula while looking about online today. Not sure if it’s fan-made, or from a foreign printing (I’m guessing Italian?) I like this cover so much more than the current Titian edition, I’m thinking of printing it out and gluing it with a pritt-stick over the top (if that all didn’t sound like a lot of effort…) I’m currently reading the short-story Vampire Romance from the second book, The Bloody Red Baron. I feel more than happy to make the sweeping statement that Anno Dracula is probably my favourite alt-world series of all time.

There were so many points in 2012 where I was so eager to do some Dracula inspired artwork of my own. During the whole year, however, I only managed to get one quick pin-up done. This one. It is something I would like to return to in a big way, in the coming weeks. It still feels very weird to have free-time at all.

No comments: