Sunday 26 July 2009

No Way.

It’s nice to be back online. It’s even nicer to be able to check my emails first thing in the morning when I get up even if it only Play.com and Amazon emailing me at the moment trying to make me buy more things I don’t really need.

My latest nasty habit is constantly looking movies up on Wikipedia. If I see a film on TV or buy a new DVD it not long before I’m looking it up on Wiki. It gotten so bad I’ve even started looking up films I want to watch now. I’ve wanted to watch Maximum Overdrive again for a while now. I saw it years ago and lately I’ve been wanting to watch it again. So for no good reason apart from that I looked it up on Wikipedia and was reading about the movie when I came to the trivia section and around fact number ten it reads-

While shooting the scene where the steamroller rampages across the baseball diamond, Stephen King requested that the SFX department place a bag of fake blood near the dummy of a young player who would be run over by it. The desired effect would be that a smear of blood would appear on the steamroller and be re-smeared on the grass over and over, like a printing press. While filming the scene, however, the bag of blood exploded too soon and sprayed everywhere, making it appear as if the boy's head had also exploded. King was thrilled with the results, but censors demanded the shot be cut. According to the TNT MonsterVision broadcast of the movie, when King showed the uncut footage to zombie film director George A. Romero, Romero was nauseated to the point of actually vomiting.”

George Romero throwing up at a movie gore effect? I find that hard to believe. The guy who made all those Zombie movies where Zombies eat flesh and people get pulled apart like soggy tissues. In fact he always seem to get off on the gore in his films. I would of thought if anyone on the planet would have the stomach for it, it would be him… But then again it is on the Internet so… I guess it got to be true. Your not allowed to lie on the Internet. There’s probably laws against it or something.

Been listening to 8Bit FM a lot these past couple of days. I used to really be into Internet radio when I first got on the net but don’t really listen to it that much now. One problem is good web radio stations tend to appear then disappear very quickly.

No comments: