Tuesday 21 July 2009

Back Online.

So a couple of week’s back I was awoken by the loudest noise I’d ever heard in my life. While I was sleeping a summer thunderstorm was raging outside and lighting must of struck a little to bloody close. It was like being woken by a bomb going off. And then just as I was getting over that rude awakening the silence was then broken again by the sound of a fire truck honking it horn as it was unable to make it way down the street as cars were parked to far out into the road on either side blocking its path. Why someone had called a fire truck I don’t know. Sure lighting must of struck something in the area but as far as I know nothing was on fire and what the lighting hit I still don’t know. A car outside? A lamppost? who knows? Just glad it wasn’t me.

Anyway that was just the start of the fun. After getting up the next morning I turned on my laptop to check my emails and found it was on battery and when I turned it on at the mains it was still saying it was on battery. Great I thought. The power led has crapped out and I was going to have to buy a new one again. I’d only replaced it about a year and a half ago. “I’ll just quickly check my emails and then switch it off to save the battery,” I thought only to find it wasn’t letting me onto the net either. At the time I wasn’t sure but after a few stressful days of checking with phone companies and Internet companies it turns out my modem had gone as well. For the last couple of weeks I’ve had to check my emails in Internet cafes (nothing like paying to check your emails when you know you’ve got the Internet at home.) It all been very crappy and stressful but I’m back online now (for the moment at least) with a new power led that keeps falling out (really poorly made considering how much it was) and my Brother got me hooked up with a new modem… well a new, old modem. My laptop doesn’t do routers and my Internet provider doesn’t do modems. It was all one big headache.

So I’m back online and trying to catch up on it all. I’ve got emails to deal with and podcasts to download. A few weeks back I kind of got hooked on listening to them when I draw and apart from not being able to check my emails (which I found super annoying, almost to breaking point) I think I missed being able to listen to podcasts as I draw a close second.

Hopefully get some new artwork posted up soon as well. Just as soon as I get a chance to scan them. I put some of my newer pin ups, up on my Myspace profile the day before everything went tits up so check them out if you haven’t already.

No comments: