Monday 19 September 2022

Dead White Ladybird.

I'm not usually in the habit of posting Photos of dead insects on this blog, as you know (except for that time a few Summers ago when I had a dead Bumblebee hanging in a Spider's Web outside my bedroom window), but I thought I'd share this recent discovery.

While out in the conservatory recently (which just seems to be a place where local bugs go to die), I found the tiny remains of what looks to be a White Ladybird just laying on my Window Sill.  

I kind of wish I could have seen it while it was alive. I've seen plenty of 'Black' Ladybirds in recent years, but never a living White one. I don't know how rare they are in the UK, and to be honest I didn't even know they existed until I found this one and Googled them.

No spoilers... but dead bugs is kind of gonna be a bit of a recurring mini-theme on this Blog over the next couple of weeks. 

No comments: