Tuesday 30 August 2022

Ray-Guns Are Cool.

Speaking of Ray-Guns...

I think there's maybe one thing that all Humans on this Planet can agree on... And that is simply this... Ray-Guns are cool as fuckery.

I remember as a Kid, I had this cheap plastic Torch that was shaped like a Ray-Gun that I loved. For some reason the colour palette choice for this device was green and orange (not really very Sci-Fi-Y) and the batteries slid into a slot in the top, like you were loading it up with 'Space Bullets', which was very cool. Admittedly all that would happen when you pulled the trigger was a pretty mediocre Torch Lightbeam would come out, but that and my trusty Metal Red Spud-Gun were two of my favourite toys growing up.  

While once again I have only got done a fraction of the things I was meant to get done over this Summer, one thing I did remember to do while they were available was pick up a load of Water Pistols to use as prop 'Blasters' in a future Ray-Gun themed Art Project. I don't actually know what that idea will look like right now, and have no models lined-up or anything, but at least I'm now fully loaded with 'Space Shooters'.

No comments: