Friday 22 July 2022

Red Spikes.


I know people probably ask you this all the time, and you're sick and tired of hearing this question, but have you ever notices how beautiful a Cactus is when viewed from above?

My Cactus that I bought as a tiny stub in a little pot as a Kid which did nothing but grew a microscopic amount every year, has recently just started to mutate into a beast of a plant.
 
One new trick it's started doing is growing these gorgeous Red Spikes on top. At first I was worried my poor (not so) little Cactus had some kind of horrible disease, but after a quick bit of online research, I found out Red Spikes where a good sign of the Cactus being in great health.

I always think my Cactus must be like some kind of horrible giant 'Death Trap' to insects, and yet you can't keep them off it. They love crawling on it.

Also... YES... I did prick myself a couple of times taking these photos. Thanks for asking. 

No comments: