Saturday 12 September 2020

Only Russian Bots Love Me.

There are a few things that really annoy me about Deviantart these days, but the biggest lately is how the majority of all my favs are fake accounts now. Blank profiles with no art and usually a single link under their Bio they clearly want you to click. It's so maddening and just a waste of time.

I don't know if I'm on some kind of sinister list or if other people on there are having the same problem? I even have one particular pin-up where all my favs are from fake zombie accounts that have since been deleted.

I'm also kind of sad that all the 'Notes' I get these days are from scammers now, too. It's been nice to talk to other creative people over the years through messages on DA, but now when I see a 'Note' in my inbox, I know it's always just a scam.

I should say a big thank you to any and all real people who actually show my work some love over on Deviantart and actually do add my artwork to their favs sometimes. The internet isn't always the friendliest place to go for support or encouragement in regards to creating stuff or getting feedback. 

I don't really know how a Russian Bot works, but I'm guessing art might be lost on them, so it is nice to know when your work does get a positive reaction from someone, even if it is just them clicking a 'like' or 'fav' button.

One nice thing about the internet (bots aside) is that you can support the art you wanna see more of.

No comments: