Saturday 23 March 2019

Coming This Easter…


Nature is very much red in tooth and claw this Easter, as we happily announce that the next SLASH-UPS horror theme will be ‘Nature Runs Amok’, I.E. killer animals (think Jaws, Cujo, James Herbert’s Rats).

The Animal kingdom gets its revenge this Spring with two new pin-ups by myself and James base around the theme of nature running wild. No one is safe, as we celebrate all things beastly, creepy-crawly and squawky this coming Easter weekend, as nature bites back.

It was great ‘wetting our fangs’ on the Vampire genre last Halloween, and we hope folks will get a kick out of seeing us tackle killer critters next.

Above you’ll see I’ve made a new snake themed promo poster to mark this event. I tried very hard to think of the perfect image to show the struggle of ‘man vs. nature’ to get everyone in the right mood. This is my attempt.

So nail shut those Cat Flaps, grab your Bug Spray and give the Easter Bunny a wide berth this April. As anything with Fur, Scales or Feathers is probably out to get you.

I can reveal one fun fact to wet peoples’ appetites before the carnages begins next month. I got to tick something off my artistic bucket list with my forthcoming pin-up by actually getting to draw a Pith Helmet with my offering (I have a weird bucket list). No spoilers, but here’s a sketch I did while doing mine of my model wearing it I can share to tide people over until next month.

So to sum up, ‘Chicks In Piths’ vs. cold and cruel Mother Nature this coming Easter.

No comments: