Tuesday 7 August 2018

Any Gun Can Play.


Every once in a while, I’ll draw a panel that just feels pure western to me. This is my latest.

Believe it or not, there was a time growing up, when I love westerns just as much as horror movies. From classic American cowboy movies to spaghetti westerns, I use to watch so many as a kid.

My love for a good western isn’t gone, but sadly really good cowboy movies are few and far between these days. The last western I really enjoyed was Bone Tomahawk from 2015. Where as with horror, there always seem to be something interesting going on in the genre.

I think Brides Of Babayka is pure horror. While Babayka Land is horror with a little bit of western in there (even if it is set in Russia). Although I don’t think fancy gun-play fits into the Babayka universes or anything, and no one’s wearing a stetson (or any kind of hat).

No comments: