Friday 18 March 2016

Catch Of The Day.


So here’s the pay off to my last couple of blog posts.

As I mentioned last time, I have indeed been working on another girl and monster pin-up, only this one is a little different and something new for me. The difference being, this time I worked with a model on this image. I had always flirted with the idea of having a model pose for a pin-up, but right now with Babayka-Lives taking up all my free time, and lack of studio space and a decent camera also being a problem, it’s just something I haven’t been able to pursue. So a massive thanks to model Mercedes the Muse for being awesome enough to pose and help make this image happen. It was a lot of fun to pit fetish model against evil monster of my own creation, and something I‘ve been wanting to do for ages. I also think it gives the pin-up more character, knowing that it’s not just a generic damsel, but in fact a real life model starring in the picture, and makes it a lot cooler, too. Using a real life model and is something I wish I could do more often in my work.

Been wanting to do some feral, inbred, woodsman horror for a while, but could never find the right idea until now. This was going to be a follow up to my Nom Nom Nasties cover from a couple of years ago, but thought it was a strong enough idea in the end, that it would be better if I did it as its own thing. I really wanted to push the twisted beauty and the beast style aspect of this image.    

Sometimes with pin-ups, I like to throw in a little blurb to set the scene. Here’s what I came up with for this image: Mercedes picks the wrong remote lake to do some lone late night skinny dipping in, as she find herself ‘Catch Of The Day’ for a prowling, local, inbred, cannibal hillbilly. Now a prisoner of this sinister backwoods dweller, she finds herself on her way to a ‘Dinner Date’, but can she escape before she finds out if she’s the ‘Dinner’ or the ‘Date’.

Again, a big thanks to Mercedes The Muse for taking time out of her busy schedule to play ‘Scream Queen’ for me. People can check out her work HERE.

No comments: