Thursday 1 March 2012

The Curse Of Blu-Ray.

I’ve been waiting years for them to finally put out a region 2 copy of Cemetery Man. I’m a big Dylan Dog fan (or what little they’ve translated into English), and have been aching to see this flick. I was over the moon when I heard a couple of months ago that shameless films were putting out an uncut copy on DVD at last. Then, around the same time, my dvd player died on me at the start of the year, and I made the switch to Blu-Ray. Now I have to choose between waiting another couple of years for the inevitable Blu-Ray, or just buy it on dvd now and make do. I hate owning multiple copies of the same movie. I cringe a little every time I think how many copies of Night Of The Living Dead I own.

First time I watched something in HD, I could barely tell the difference and thought it was a bit of a con. Now I’m very aware when I’m watching something and it’s not in HD. HD has turned me into a picture-quality Nazi and I hate that. Had to watch TV on a friends old 'tube' style TV the other day, and had to fight the strong urge to get up and put my foot through the bulky screen.

The video on the shameless website looked really good quality, but I’m a little worried they may have HD the short trailer to deceive the eye and sell more copies (there was a point, not too long ago, when such a thought wouldn’t have even crossed my mind. See what you’ve done to me HD?) Here the obligatory youtube trailer… which is differently not in HD. HD aside… this movie does look amazing. Can I really be strong enough and wait for the Blu-Ray? Also blogger tells me this is my 500th post… so I should either be very proud (or very ashamed) of myself right now.

No comments: